1. With clean hands remove bandage in 2-4 hours (If bandage sticks loosen with water). Gently wash tattoo 2-3 times a day with Dial Antibacterial Soap. Blot dry with a clean towel. Do not re-bandage.
2. After washing, apply Aquaphor 2-3 times daily (or more) to minimize scabbing. Aquaphor is available for $5 dollars at the studio.
3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 for 3-4 weeks or until tattoo is completely healed.
* Scabbing may or may not occur & is a normal part of the healing process. Scabs may last 1-4 weeks.
* NEVER PICK or SCRATCH TATTOO!!! Damaging the light scab formation can result in loss of color.
* As you heal your tattoo it may look “waxy” and “dull” in color. This is normal! DO NOT WORRY! (Give new skin cells about 1-3 weeks to regenerate and your tattoo will look as good as new)
* Itching can be relieved by slapping or using Aquaphor – DON’T SCRATCH or PICK!
* Do not soak your tattoo in bath, shower, lakes, rivers, streams, pools, hot tubs, etc. until fully healed.
* It is O.K. to shower as normal, just keep tattoo out of water as much as possible. Never soak!
* Body fluids, blood and ink may seep from tattoo – use old clothes, sheets, etc. to avoid staining.
* Avoid direct sun while healing. The sun can fade colors over time, use sunscreen for best longevity of color.
* Chap-stick with sunscreen can be used easily for smaller tattoos.>
* Wear loose clothing to relieve discomfort. Avoid rubbing from bra straps, belts, waist bands, socks, etc.
If you have any questions pleas call Epic Ink Tattoo at 541.944.5433 We are here to help!